Welcome to the Brooklyn Park Fastpitch website. BPAA Fastpitch is a sub-committee of the Brooklyn Park Athletic Association, a non-profit organization comprised of all volunteers. The purpose of BPAA is to benefit the physical, mental, moral, and character development of its members and of the youth in our community by providing major sports programs and activities for boys and girls, regardless of ability or financial status.
Return To Play Waiver
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Brooklyn Park Athletic Association (BPAA) Fastpitch athletics/sports program, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1. The risk of injury and/or illness from the activities involved in the program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce the risk, the risk of serious injury does exist;
2. The risk to have contact with individuals, who have been exposed to and/or have been diagnosed with one or more communicable diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19 or other medical conditions, diseases, or maladies does exist, and it is impossible to eliminate the risk that I could be exposed to and/or become infected through contact with or close proximity with an individual with a communicable disease;
3. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume all full responsibility for my participation;
4. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately
5. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE BPAA FASTPITCH, their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of the premises used to conduct the event ("Releasees"), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
6. I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, BEFORE ACKNOWLEDGING THE CHECKBOX BELOW, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO IT ON MY OWN BEHALF OR ON BEHALF OF THE YOUTH PARTICIPANT ASSOCIATED WITH THIS GUARDIAN ACCOUNT, AND I SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
*Registration is now closed for 2021 Summer Fastpitch.
2021 BPAA Summer Fastpitch Registration Form
Whatever age the player will be on December 31, is the age they need to play for summer 2020. So, if they turned 13 on or before December 31, they need to play on the 14U team, etc. Please note that the Board has final discretion on player placement on a team outside of their age berth.
To register (Ends February 13 th, 2021):
Late and Cancellation Fees:
If you have additional questions, please visit the fast pitch website at https://www.bpaasports.org/page/show/982870-fastpitch-league
**COVID-19 guidelines: As part of registration, an additional waiver will be sent to you regarding COVID-19 and your understanding and acceptance of the risks. While Brooklyn Park Athletic Association (BPAA) will do everything we can to try and minimize the risk to the girls playing and the spectators, we cannot eliminate all risk. Please know that spectators will be asked to social distance and, at this time, will not be allowed to sit in the bleachers. We will also ask that parents/guardians refrain from staying at practices and that players refrain from sharing equipment. If you have any questions about BPAA’s COVID-19 preparedness guide, please do not hesitate to ask.
Brooklyn Park Athletic Association (BPAA) Fastpitch is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all our players, coaches and parents. To ensure we have as safe and healthy workplace, we have developed the following COVID-19 Preparedness Plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Coaches, players and parents are all responsible for implementing this plan. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in our fields and communities, and that requires full cooperation among our coaches, players and parents. Only through this cooperative effort can we establish and maintain the safety and health of all persons in our association.
Coaches, players and parents are responsible for implementing and complying with all aspects of this COVID-19 Preparedness Plan. BPAA Fastpitch coaches, players and parents have our full support in enforcing the provisions of this policy and we encourage our coaches, players and parents to ask questions, raise safety and health concerns and offer suggestions related to the plan and its implementation.
Our families and players are our most important assets. We are serious about safety and health and keeping everyone safe at BPAA Fastpitch. Involvement is essential in developing and implementing a successful COVID-19 Preparedness Plan. We have involved our board members along with our coaches/players in this process by coaches/players to send their feedback to association board members. All questions or concerns will be answered directly, shared with the broader group, or integrated within the plan. Our COVID-19 Preparedness Plan follows State of Minnesota Industry Guidance for our business, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Guidelines, federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards related to safety and health precautions required in response to COVID-19 and applicable executive orders.
The Safe Play: Back to the Diamond Safety Guidelines will be followed, first and foremost.
In addition, this Plan addresses the following:
Coaches/Players have been informed of and encouraged to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. The following policies and procedures are being implemented to assess coaches/players health status prior to entering the field and for coaches/players to report when they are sick or experiencing symptoms. Employees may also use the CDC Symptom Checker for advice on when to seek medical attention or testing if they feel they may have the disease. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
This list is not all possible symptoms. Other less common symptoms have been reported, including gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
If a player/coach has a known exposure to covid or has tested positive:
BPAA Fastpitch has also implemented a policy for informing coaches/players if they have been exposed to a person with COVID-19 at practice/game and requiring them to quarantine for the required amount of time. These policies were established in the best interest of league families to reduce transmission.
If a player/coach has direct exposure to someone who has tested positive:
Player/coach cannot return to team activities until 14 days from exposure to the COVID positive person.
Team practices/games may continue as planned.
If a player/coach tests positive for COVID:
Player/coach cannot return to team activities until 14 days after positive test, assuming symptoms have resided.
Team activities practices/games will be postponed/cancelled for 14 days
BPAA has the right to modify policies for individual cases at the guidance of the Minnesota Department of Health.
Social distancing of six feet will be implemented and maintained between players on the field through the following engineering and administrative protocols:
Phase 4 (practices and games)
Coach/player hygiene and source controls are being implemented at all times.