Welcome to the Brooklyn Park Fastpitch website. BPAA Fastpitch is a sub-committee of the Brooklyn Park Athletic Association, a non-profit organization comprised of all volunteers. The purpose of BPAA is to benefit the physical, mental, moral, and character development of its members and of the youth in our community by providing major sports programs and activities for boys and girls, regardless of ability or financial status.
2022 BPAA FALL FASTPITCH OVERVIEW
Welcome to the 2022 Fall Fastpitch season! The Brooklyn Park Athletic Association is excited to welcome girls of all ages into the program, no matter their experience with the fastpitch game or softball in general. The fall league is a great way to introduce your young players to a fun, competitive game of fastpitch softball. At five weeks long, it’s a smaller commitment than the full summer program.
The Fall Fastpitch League provides an opportunity for players to learn about the game and gain experience playing fast pitch. Practices will start in early August after teams are established. Games (double headers 12pm and 1:30pm or 3pm and 4:30pm) will be held on Saturday or Sunday afternoons. 8U and 10U will play Saturdays, while 12U and above will play Sundays.
August 20th and 21st
August 27th and 28th
Sept 10th and 11th
Sept 17th and 18th
State will be held: Sept 24th and 25th
At the 8U and 10U levels, we will offer an introductory environment for those who are new to fastpitch or new to softball altogether. Players will learn the fundamentals of the fastpitch game and how to succeed in a fun, fastpitch environment. Throughout the age groups, we will build teams that are competitive for returning fastpitch players. It is our goal to NOT turn anyone away.
10U and above $85
Includes a T-shirt
Fees not included is State Gate fee which is $100 a team which is split between players on the team.
Age Divisions: Whatever age the player will be on December 31, is the age they need to play for fall 2022. So, if they will turn 13 on or before December 31, they need to play on the 14U team, etc. Please note that the Board has final discretion on player placement on a team outside of their age berth.
For example, a 10U player who will move up and play 12U the next summer will play 12U fall ball.
• If player will be 8 or younger on December 31, 2022 then you can play 8U. (born 2014-2015)
• If player will be 10 or younger on December 31, 2022 then you can play 10U. (born 2012-2013)
• If player will be 12 or younger on December 31, 2022 then you can play 12U or above. (born 2010-2011)
• If player will be 14 or younger on December 31, 2022 then you can play 14U or above. (born 2008-2009)
• If player will be 16 or younger on December 31, 2022 then you can play 16U or above. (born 2006-2007)
• If player will be 18 or younger on December 31, 2022 then you can play 18U. (born 2003-2005)
Registration begins on July 3rd and registration is due by July 31st (Registrations received after July 31st may be accepted, based on openings, and will have a $20 late registration fee added.) We expect to have the teams formed by the first week in August. The registration fee includes a Fall Fastpitch jersey. Pants, socks and belts should be provided for by the player and should be black.
SCHOLARSHIPS: BPAA does offer a limited amount of financial assistance to families residing in Brooklyn Park or Brooklyn Center and can demonstrate the need. To apply, you must provide a picture ID and most recent 1040 tax form to the Brooklyn Park Community & Activity Center (CAC) Rec & Park Office, 5600 85th Ave N, Brooklyn Park.
Once the scholarship is approved, the Rec & Park Office will notify us and you will receive an email from BPAA Fastpitch that includes a discount code to use to complete your registration online. Please allow up to 72 hours to receive your discount code via email.
DO NOT REGISTER ONLINE WITHOUT YOUR CODE OR YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE THE DISCOUNTED RATE AND IT WILL NOT BE CREDITED AFTER THE FACT. If you do plan to apply for scholarship, please come back to this online registration before July 31st, but after you've received your code.
Late and Cancellation Fees:
• If you would like to cancel, after being chosen for a team, you will need to get pre-approval from the Board. Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to request cancelation. You will be assessed a $20 cancellation fee.
• Late registrations must get approval from the Board. Please email Tanyajay@hotmail.com or email@example.com to request late registration.
If you have additional questions, please visit the fast pitch website at https://www.bpaasports.org/page/show/982870-fastpitch-league
**COVID-19 guidelines: As part of registration, an additional waiver will be sent to you regarding COVID-19 and your understanding and acceptance of the risks. While Brooklyn Park Athletic Association (BPAA) will do everything we can to try and minimize the risk to the girls playing and the spectators, we cannot eliminate all risk. Please know that spectators will be asked to social distance and, at this time, will not be allowed to sit in the bleachers. We will also ask that parents/guardians refrain from staying at practices and that players refrain from sharing equipment. If you have any questions about BPAA’s COVID-19 preparedness guide, please do not hesitate to ask.
Return To Play Waiver
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Brooklyn Park Athletic Association (BPAA) Fastpitch athletics/sports program, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1. The risk of injury and/or illness from the activities involved in the program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce the risk, the risk of serious injury does exist;
2. The risk to have contact with individuals, who have been exposed to and/or have been diagnosed with one or more communicable diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19 or other medical conditions, diseases, or maladies does exist, and it is impossible to eliminate the risk that I could be exposed to and/or become infected through contact with or close proximity with an individual with a communicable disease;
3. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume all full responsibility for my participation;
4. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately
5. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE BPAA FASTPITCH, their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of the premises used to conduct the event ("Releasees"), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
6. I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, BEFORE ACKNOWLEDGING THE CHECKBOX BELOW, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO IT ON MY OWN BEHALF OR ON BEHALF OF THE YOUTH PARTICIPANT ASSOCIATED WITH THIS GUARDIAN ACCOUNT, AND I SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.